Sunday, August 28, 2011

MADAM ANNA NEEDS TO GO TO HEAVEN NOW


When a TV show gets high ratings, it is expected that the network will extend its run.  You’ll get to read that in the papers if there are plans for a new season and they would call it like Season 2 or Book 2 or Ang Ikalawang Aklat.  They’ll bring in new characters or place the story in a new setting.  Sometimes it work, most often it doesn’t.  While there are viewers who would be happy to see more of their favourite artistas on TV because of the extended run, there are those who may get frustrated of the show and leave.  When is it gonna end, they ask.

And that may happen with one of my favourite shows today, 100 Days to Heaven.  I know that I’m not alone when I say that I’m really getting tired of the guest of the week setup.  I guess my fatigue began when they had Albie Casiño on the show.  I figured that they are going to use 100 Days as a depository for the artistas of ABS-CBN who does not have a regular show or are involved in some scandalous issue, like getting someone pregnant.  If the little story within the story is finely written then good, I’ll watch it.  But the last few ”Blame Ana” episodes were so boring, the stories were thinly written and it just felt forced.

This last week, 100 Days showed how Bobby and Miranda met, got married, and planted the roots on their way to become a power couple.  We now know that Miranda is involved in the killing of Madam Anna out of sympathy for Bobby.  The Jessica-Bart-Sophia love triangle was also played, with Jessica slowly turning psycho.   This week, 100 Days returns to the guest of the week set-up with Melai Cantiveros.  I have written before that if it’s not integral to the story, they should just drop it and focus on Madam Anna finding out that Sophia is her daughter.  And I think that is the real reason why she was brought back to Earth.
I hope 100 Days to Heaven concludes in the next few weeks.  Not because it’s getting that bad but because it might frustrate its viewers and force them to leave it for a while and look for somewhere else.  GMA7’s new series Iglot might take advantage of that, though I’ve seen the trailers of the new Claudine Barretto drama and it doesn’t look promising.  It would be wise for ABS-CBN to end the show while it’s (hell) hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment